Note: This dough can be made in a food processor or in a conventional mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Combine the brown sugar and granulated sugar and lightly cream.
- Add in the vanilla extract, unsalted butter, ground cinnamon, sea salt and all purpose flour and blend well.
- Work this dough into a ball and shape it into a rectangular piece rolled out to 1.5" thick. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before pressing it through a screen or wire cross cooling rack to produce chunks and pieces
- Bake to a golden brown coloration with a temperature of 350° to 400° F. Time with the pastry item it will be set upon.
Nevado 34% White Chocolate Decoration
- Place the streusel into a level, single layer on a half sheet tray.
- Temper the Nevado 34% white chocolate and sprinkle or use a pastry bag to pipe on drops or lines of chocolate onto the streusel.
- Allow the Nevado 34% white chocolate to cool and solidify. If the kitchen is too hot, place it into refrigeration to set.
- Place another half sheet tray onto the streusel half sheet tray and turn the streusel over. Repeat the same procedure with the tempered white chocolate to coat both sides of the streusel.
- Cool and set the white chocolate before storing into an air tight container.